We are a small team of Business Continuity, Resilience and Crisis Management experts and practitioners. Unlike other consultancy firms we focus only on partnering with businesses to increase their ability to deal with disruptive events. Our consultants and associates bring real world experience from careers in the corporate sector, emergency services, counter terrorism, cyber security and crisis press and media.
We are an employee-owned business which gives us the freedom to direct our business ‘from the front’ and allows us the flexibility to adapt our services to the needs of our customers. It also ensures our consultants bring with them the pride and motivation of business ownership. Our team are committed to making sure every engagement is successful and mutually beneficial.
Our mission is to help make organisations more resilient and all our client work is set up to be sustainable with a focus on developing long term relationships.
About the role
You will report to the Director of Operations and play an important role in a high-performance team of Senior Consultants responsible for the management and delivery of consultancy advice and solutions to our diverse range of clients.
You will bring industry experience and expertise to the team. You will be a highly motivated individual who is looking to put your knowledge and experience into practice and grow with our business.
What our Senior Consultants are responsible for
- Delivering expert advice, training and consultancy in a “hands-on” client facing role across all areas of organisational resilience.
- Supporting the Director of Operations and the Service Delivery Team.
- Workstream and project management.
- Developing sustainable client partnerships.
- Developing and delivering training and crisis simulation exercises.
- Conducting audits, site surveys, business impact analysis, risk workshops, gap analysis, interviews and hosting teleconferences.
- Producing high-quality documentation and reports.
Relevant Experience, Skills, and Mindsets
We are looking for someone who is solutions driven and interested in developing and innovating across all areas of organisational resilience.
- Highly motivated and able to work with limited supervision.
- Experienced in managing people and projects.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Extensive experience in a risk based industry, typically: Risk Management; Emergency or Crisis Management; Business Continuity; Organisational Resilience; Supply Chain Risk Management, Insurance or a related field.
- Excellent report writing skills and the ability to carry out independent research.
- Communicates effectively, can facilitate training, workshops and exercises, experienced in presenting to Senior audiences.
- Growth mindset, passionate about continual personal development.
- Experience of staff development.
- Willingness to travel, both UK and internationally.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Experience working within regulated industries or to international standards.
- Audit experience.
- Experience in the development of training package or programs.
- Understanding IT disaster recovery.
What does Horizonscan offer you?
Horizonscan is a place where you get to solve complex challenges across a diverse range of organisations from around the world. We encourage creativity, innovation, problem solving and a growth mindset. We understand the need for work-life balance and offer 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays. This is a full-time role based at our head office in Broadstairs and will be subject to a six month probation period. We are offering a salary of between £47,320 and £53,570 based on the skills and experience you bring. We operate a flexible working structure.
If you are successful you will be automatically enrolled in our pension scheme and after twelve months you will be eligible to join Horizonscan’s Employee Trust and share in the benefits of employee ownership with us.
Some important points
- This senior role is unlikely to suitable for recent graduates due to lack of necessary experience. We regularly advertise graduate scheme roles on our website and newsletter.
- The position is based at our new head office in Broadstairs, Kent. You must be able to travel and work from our office and have the right to work in the UK without restrictions.
- You are required to have proof of UK residency, a full UK driving licence, a valid passport and the ability to travel globally.
- After satisfactory completion of the probationary period, you will be required to attend training to gain CBCI (Business Continuity Institute) or equivalent.
I’m interested, how do I apply?
- Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. These will be kept for the duration of the recruitment process. For unsuccessful candidates, CV’s and cover letters will be disposed in line with our data retention policy.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will need to provide proof of UK residence and details of two referees (one being your last employee). Our interview process is challenging as we want to recruit the very best talent. The closing date for applications is Friday 21st of May 2021. If invited to interview, you will be notified within 10 days of the closing date.
- Interviews will take place in June and July.
We generally receive a high number of responses to the roles we advertise and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Working in Broadstairs
Broadstairs is a coastal town in the district of Thanet in Kent.
It has great road and rail links to the rest of the UK including a high-speed, 1 hour rail service to the center of London.
There is a range of beautiful and award-winning beaches in the area and a good mix of parks, sports, and leisure facilities. Excellent shopping, entertainment, and dining facilities in the town centres and at the Westwood Cross development plus a variety of local attractions including The Turner Contemporary, The Royal Harbour at Ramsgate, and the Pegwell Nature reserves.
The area boasts a number of highly regarded schools in both the public and private sectors, making it a great place for families to reside in.
Thanet is very much an upcoming area with ongoing investment and development in housing and infrastructure.
Horizonscan is an equal opportunities employer.
We respect and adhere to equal opportunities legislation, particularly the Equality Act 2010, as defined in our equality policy.